Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration Support to Asylum Seekers (AVRR)
Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) aims to better enable the orderly, humane and cost-effective return and reintegration of migrants who are unable or unwilling to remain in host countries and who wish to return voluntarily to their countries of origin.
IOM provides globally pre-departure, transportation and post-arrival assistance to unsuccessful asylum seekers, migrants in an irregular situation, migrants stranded in transit, stranded students and other persons under similar circumstances. AVRR programmes have proven particularly effective in situations where the voluntary return option is part of a multipronged approach to migration management.
At IOM Helsinki, AVRR is targeted to the following groups:
- persons who have received a negative decision on their asylum application
- persons who have withdrawn their asylum application
- victims of human trafficking who do not have a municipality of residence in Finland
- persons who have received temporary protection
- persons who have been granted a temporary residence permit because they cannot be removed from the country, but who do not have a municipality of residence in Finland
- persons whose international protection status in Finland has been withdrawn or cancelled and a decision has been made to deport them
The assistance provided at IOM Helsinki includes travel arrangements and expenses from the person’s current location to the final destination, and possible reintegration assistance such as cash or in-kind assistance.
If you wish to apply, please contact your reception centre, social worker or the Finnish Immigration Service.
For inquiries regarding the AVRR programme or process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Our visiting hours are Tuesday to Thursday at 14:00 – 15:00. Our telephone helpline (+358-9-684 11 588) is available Monday to Friday between 10:00 – 12:30.